Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14, 2012 What Up Dog?

    Today was pretty uneventful, until I got home. I opened the door and knew right away that something was astray. My cute fuzzy lil tater tot on toothpicks wasn't at the door barking excitedly like he normally is when I come home. I opened the door and the first thing I see is the face of my dog peeking out from behind the chair with a look of "Uh Oh he's home." I knew exactly what was going to welcome me in the kitchen. I turn the corner into the kitchen and almost tripped over the garbage can that was on it's side. There was trash scattered all over the floor. In fact you couldn't see the floor at all. There was even trash in the cat and dog water dishes. Then I turned around and saw that the destruction wasn't only limited to the kitchen but he also dragged trash into the living room and there were little pieces of tore up aluminum foil all over the place. I think he ate some of that. Great, that means he'll poop out little chunks of silver. I felt a swell of anger well up inside of me. I began to scream at the poor little creature. I yelled at him like he was a little person that could understand every thought I was communicating. But I know in all actuality, to him it just sounds like angry noise. He cowered low to the floor and began to shake as he slunk away behind the chair. I moved the chair with anger, but as soon as I saw the shape he was in and the those sad eyes looking at me while his body shivered I felt another feeling overcome me. It was guilt as I began to feel like as big of an asshole as Donald Trump. This poor little guy didn't deserve this. So I fell to my knees and began petting him and apologizing profusely. I was begging for his forgiveness. And that's whats great about dogs. He did forgive me happily . He started to lick my face and his body began to shake back and forth as he shook his tail so hard that I thought it was going to fall off. Dog's can teach us a lot. They can teach us the lesson of forgiveness and of unconditional love because all they want is for you to love them and they will love you in return no matter how much of a jerk you are. They can also teach the importance of living in the moment. They don't think of the stupid things you did to them a week ago or worry about whats going to happen tomorrow. They just know that right now you're rubbing their belly and they love it and they love you for it. Thanks Rudy for that lesson.


      But that wasn't all that happened to this guy today when he came home today from work. After the trash debacle was cleaned up and Rudy and I had made up, I got a very nice telephone call. I'm not sure if you guys know this or not, but I have been know to do tv commercials from time to time around the country in places like Columbus, Casper, Milwaukee, Detroit, Omaha, Edmonton, Halifax and here in Colorado Springs. And today I got a phone call from the lady in charge of marketing at Cheers Liquor Mart. She had called me to ask if I wanted to a public appearance at their yearly wine and beer tasting. Of course I jumped at the chance. Turn down free booze, never. Then she asked me if I would like to do some public appearances at Cheers Liquor Mart several times this holiday season to hand out cookies and things to customers waiting in line. Apparently the lines get pretty long as people buy alcohol to help them get through the holidays. I again eagerly said yes. Then she asked me the kicker that really made my day. She asked me if I would do more commercials for them next year. Heck yes I will. Those things were fun. So let me apologize now to the fine folks of Colorado Springs. Looks like you're getting more of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment